Research Participation Opportunity for Teachers
The Center for Healthy Minds seeks individuals interested in participating in a research study at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Help Us Understand the Qualities of Effective Teachers
Study Directed by Matt Hirshberg, PhD, Center for Healthy Minds, UW-Madison
Little is known about the qualities of effective teachers. Supporting teachers requires understanding the qualities teachers call upon when effective. We hope to improve professional development and teacher well-being by understanding the teacher characteristics that predict student learning.
This study was approved by the UW-Education and Social/ Behavioral Science Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- About 1-hour of questionnaires and computer tasks you complete on a computer at a time and place of your choosing
- A 1.5-hour lab visit in Madison, WI during which you perform computer tasks while we measure your heart rate and skin conductance
- A continuous 2-hour video recording of you teaching
- $100 compensation
- A Healthy Minds Program in-person half-day, and the app ($150 value)
- A chance to win a new iPad Pro (1/50 or greater chance of winning)