Well-Being and Stress Study
Be a part of discovering what responses to stress can support well-being.
WHAT DOES THE STUDY INVOLVE?
- Two in-person study visits, each about 3 hours long.
- We try to space the visits exactly 4 weeks apart.
- An at-home activity that takes about 15 minutes a day for 4 weeks, either:
- Recording your screen time, or
- Listening to brief recordings through an app
- You may provide valuable information that helps others better cope with stress in the future
- Learn more about psychology research
- Participants will receive up to $75 for their time
SEE IF YOU QUALIFY!
Participants must be between 18-65 years old and have limited to no experience with meditation or mind-body practices such as yoga.
- ~1 hour of questionnaires on a computer, on things like demographics, well-being, & stress
- A few computerized tasks:
- Look at faces and make ratings
- Listen to tones and watch a light blink on a box
- A stress test
- Non-invasive recordings of heart activity, hand sweat, and breathing for about 1 hour.
- Heart activity: we’ll walk you through placing 3 sticker sensors across your torso and clipping some wires to the sensors
- Hand sweat: 2 sticky sensors on your hand
- Breathing: a stretchy belt around your waist (over your clothing)