Research Participation Opportunity for Pregnant Women: The Childbirth Education Study
The Center for Healthy Minds seeks individuals interested in participating in a research study at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
The purpose of this research is to investigate the effectiveness of different childbirth education courses. We will examine the effects of these courses on the mother’s approach to childbirth and parenting and how it influences brain and behavioral development in the offspring. Activities include completing questionnaires, as well as visits to the Waisman Center for behavioral observations and brain imaging of sleeping infants using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Families are compensated for all participation. This study was approved by the UW-Health Sciences Institutional Review Board.
- Women who are age 18 or older
- Pregnant with your first child
- Less than 28 weeks pregnant
- Expecting one baby
- Attend a childbirth education class
- Complete pre and post class questionnaires
- Lab visits at 1 month and 12 months after birth
- At home measures at 3 months after birth